Thursday, May 20, 2010

Tonsils & Adenoids

Yesterday I had my tonsils and adenoids removed. I've wanted to make a blog for quite some time, and figured this would be a perfect topic to start one with. My tonsils were overgrown since I was a child, which caused mild breathing problems. Last summer I had my first allergic reaction to pollen and my tonsils got infected. They remained infected up until I had them removed. Waking up every morning and having to spit mucus out was what led me to have them removed. Adenoids! I didn't know I had such a thing in me until my doctor explained what they are. Basically, everyone has them as children, but they shrink and disappear, as you get older. Mine stayed big, like my tonsils. I immediately noticed how my breathing improved when I woke up from surgery. I'm excited to start running once I'm healed!

No comments:

Post a Comment